All bookings are subject to the following conditions:
- The hirer acts on behalf of all the passengers travelling on the vehicles. The hirer is responsible for the actions and decisions of all the passengers on board including any additional costs incurred in performing the contract, whether or not they actually travel with the party. Payment for damages will be made by yourselves in full within 7 days of invoice, unless you made the payment by debit/credit card in which case we reserve the right to debit your card. Please note vomiting on the vehicle is subject to a £50 cleaning charge.
- No alcohol is to be carried or consumed on the vehicle at any time if the coach is hired to take passengers to a designated sporting event
- The hirer cannot assume the use of the vehicle between outward and return journeys, nor that it will remain at the destination for the hirer’s use unless this has been agreed with the company in advance.
- Additional drops on return journeys are not permitted unless they have been prearranged with the company in advance.
- The hours of operation for the driver are regulated by law, and the hirer accepts the responsibility of ensuring the hire keeps to the hours and times agreed by the company. Neither the hirer nor any passengers shall delay or otherwise interrupt the journey in such a way that the driver is at risk of breaching regulations relating to driving hours and duty time. Information regarding driving hours are available from our office.
- The hirer is responsible for all parking charges whilst the vehicle is in their care. The company are able to pay parking charges upon request from the hirer but this will be billed to the hirer at the face value with VAT added.
- Lost property will be stored for a period of two months, after which it will be destroyed. We undertake to look after lost property whilst in our care, and will assist in its return if we can. It can be claimed from our office between the hours of 07:00 and 17:00 Monday – Friday by prior arrangement.
- Carmel coaches cannot take responsibility for any luggage or property left on or carried on our vehicles.
- Payment in full must be made before the start of the hire unless otherwise agreed by the company. The company reserves the right to add interest at the rate of 2% per annum above the base rate of [Lloyds TSB] Bank, calculated on a daily basis, from the date by which payment should have been made.
- The company gives its advice on journey time in good faith. However, as a result of breakdown or traffic congestion or other events beyond the reasonable control of the company, journeys may take longer than predicted and in those circumstances the company will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience suffered by the hirer as a result.
- If the hirer wishes to cancel any agreement, the following scale of charges will apply in relation to the total hire charge.
NOTICE GIVEN CHARGE
10 days or more: None
6-9 days 10% of hire
3-5 days 25% of hire
1-2 days 50% of hire
Day of hire before arrival of coach at departure point minimum 85% of hire.
At or after arrival of coach at departure point 100% of hire. The cost of accommodation, meals and theatre tickets which have already been purchased by the company at the request of the hirer, will be charged to the hirer, plus any administration charges incurred by the company.
Cancellation due to inclement weather conditions will be charged as above.
- Theatre tickets* once purchased are not returnable and must be paid in full. (* or other such ancillary service).
- Unless you inform us otherwise in writing you are deemed as having accepted these terms and conditions of hire in full, it is the responsibility of the hirer to make their group aware of the conditions.